About the Anglesey Tourism Association
Who is the Isle of Anglesey Tourism Association and what can we do for your business?
Below are some of the answers to those questions. Do contact us if you would like more information or would like to become a member.
We continue to develop and improve our offer to members and are always looking for new initiatives.
The ATA continues to go from strength to strength, with new members coming on board all the time, Anglesey, as an island continues to grow, with more and more hospitality businesses coming to the island, offering the visitor more choice and making Anglesey a fabulous holiday destination.
In a recent news item, they reported on a study that had taken place looking at how businesses had survived over the last few years, with everything that has been going on in the world and the economic climate as variable as it is. The businesses that had survived and not only that, had actually flourished were the ones that networked - working together with other business. Exactly what we are working towards on Anglesey.
That’s something that we at the ATA feel very strongly about. It is not enough to have one fantastic product, be it a B&B, Hotel, attraction, activity, visitors want a series of ‘fantastic’ products to sample when they are here, which is why working together works, and being able to recommend what to do and where to go only enhances what your business offers. And our motto -Stronger Together- means exactly that.
We continue to grow in numbers which is really fantastic. Our membership annual fee is £65 – only a little over £5 per month, excellent value
The benefits of being an ATA Member:
- Website Page - Members each have their own page which they can update and upload photos to at any time they wish – keeping their guests up to date with their activities. The site has 2000 hits per week in the summer and this number will hopefully continue to improve as the site continues to develop.
- Information leaflet - we have produced an information leaflet which lists contact details of all our members. On the reverse side is a great map of the Island which highlights beaches, attractions, restaurants and lots, lots more. This has proved extremely popular, especially as the County Council have decided against printed versions of this type of detail.
- Shows - We represent the Island and our member businesses at some of the major shows. Exhibiting as an individual business is prohibitively expensive and time consuming.
- Twitter/Facebook - Events, promotions, last minute availability are promoted all over the social media.
- E-mails - We regularly send out emails to members publishing events, news etc.
- Meetings - We are on the invitation list for meetings with Tourism related departments such as North Wales Tourism, Visit Wales, in addition to influential bodies on the Island. We are pleased to be in contact with our MP Albert Owen and attended his Anglesey Day at Westminster, where we and a number of Island businesses promoted the Island to MPs and everybody else who passed through on that day – you would be amazed at the footfall. The day this year started with a breakfast meeting about the Island its businesses, and of course Tourism. A meeting with our MP is already in the diary for autumn.
- Member Events – we have had some fantastic member events which have been very well supported. Look out for details as we will be developing a programme of other special member days, including our latest successful one held at the new Menai Science Park (M-SParc), a wholly owned subsidiary of Bangor University, is developing a Science Park on Anglesey to drive growth in knowledge.
- Training – We continue to seek out training days relevant to our industry. We are delighted that in the past year we have been able to run a number of these, all within membership fees.
Please do continue to contact any of us, and can you please use the ATA email address and not our personal ones. We do aim to reply as soon as possible, but please remember we also have our own businesses and so this might not be immediate. If you can send all emails to firstname.lastname@example.org that would be great.
We look forward to having you on board. Don’t forget if you have friends and colleagues who have businesses on the Island and are not members of the ATA then please do urge them to join. For only a few pence more than £5 per month it is terrific value, and as we always say we are ‘Stronger Together’. The more members we have the louder our voice will be on issues that affect us all.
Anglesey Tourism Association