Out and About - Details
Menai Heritage - The Menai Bridges Exhibition
Thomas Telford Centre
Phone: 01248 715046
Out and About - Location
Click HERE to see full size map
Menai Heritage - The Menai Bridges ExhibitionTop 10 Views!
This community based museum tells the story of crossing the Menai Strait and celebrates the iconic, historic bridges and the famous engineers who built them. You can see artefacts from the original bridges, watch films of their reconstruction, try building a bridge or test your knowledge by doing the quiz, extend your visit with a walk over and under the Suspension Bridge or look for the lions on the Britannia Bridge and find out why the Menai Strait is so important for wildlife.
Visit the exhibition to:
- See artefacts from the original bridges
- Watch films of the reconstruction of the bridges
- Try building a bridge or test your knowledge by doing a quiz
- Find out about the men, women and children involved with building of the Britannia Bridge. Were any of your ancestors involved with the building of the Bridges? Did they come into the area or leave it because of the Bridges?
- Search the photographs for local people involved with the Bridges
- Extend your visit with a walk over and under the Suspension Bridge or find the lions on the Britannia Bridge
- Browse our Bookshelf and Art Gallery
- Find out about what lies beneath the water and why the Menai Strait is so important for wildlife
Admission charges £3.00 per adult, children under 16 free.
Open every Wednesday and Thursday, April-October from 10:00-17:00 hours.
Outside normal opening times, we are happy to welcome groups of 10 or more, please contact the office to discuss your visit.